Use this quiz to determine whether it’s time to break up with your boyfriend.
Breaking up with someone you love is never easy, but neither is staying in a relationship that does not serve you. However, as there’s no real guidebook on breaking up or knowing when to cut the cord, the decision is not always black and white.
This quiz is designed to help you figure out whether or not it’s time to call it quits!
Should I break up with my boyfriend Quiz
1. Do you trust your partner?
- No, their actions have broken the trust we built together.
- Yes, but not as much as I used to.
- Yes, I trust them completely.
2. Are you putting equal effort into the relationship?
- No, I feel as though I am the only one trying.
- Yes, we’re both trying as hard as we can and are making an effort to change.
- Yes, the relationship has always been 50:50.
3. Are you communicating well with each other?
- No, I feel as though we never understand each other.
- Sometimes, but we can’t always say what we need to say.
- Yes, we’ve worked out a style of communication that works for us.
4. Are you excited about your future?
- No, I’m not sure what a future with my partner would look like.
- Sometimes, but we’ve got a lot of work to do.
- Yes, I know there’s a potential for a great future together.
5. Do you have fun together?
- No, we spend most of our time arguing.
- Sometimes, but we’ve had more good than bad times lately.
- Yes, most of the time we’re together, we’re having fun.
What do the answers mean?
If you answered mostly C’s during the quiz, the chances are you’re in a healthy, functioning relationship. After all, you are able to make each other laugh and communicate well most of the time. As a result, this means you’re likely in a good place to work through any of the issues you are facing, especially if you’re both willing to work to maintain what you have.
If you answered mostly B’s, it’s likely you’ve entered some kind of rough patch. For example, you may have been arguing a lot more or realized that some of your long-term goals aren’t the same. However, this does not mean that it’s impossible to salvage the relationship. It’s clear you both care about each other a lot, which means you can work on the issues you’re facing. For example, you could spend time getting to the route of your issue, attend couples therapy, or simply work on seeing things from their point of view.
If you answered mostly A’s, it may be time to break up with your partner. This is because the answers indicate that there are many unhealthy or toxic qualities present within your relationship, such as poor communication and a lack of trust. While there are many potential reasons for this, such as infidelity or simply growing apart, it’s important to know that it’s okay to end a relationship that makes you feel this way. You deserve to be happy!