If you’re trying to keep a conversation going with your crush, you can do far better than just texting hello. The best conversation starters are those that invite a response, inspire curiosity, and open doors to more conversations—and I’m sorry to tell you that but that one word does none of these things. So, if you need good conversation starters to start talking with your crush, I’ve got some brilliant suggestions to pique his interest.
The best way to get a great conversation going is to keep things light. For instance, it’s best not to start with “What’s your greatest fear in life? Mine is dying from loneliness.” Instead, open-ended questions are the perfect way to start a conversation because they need an answer. You can ask your crush for their preferences, opinions, recommendations, and reviews on any topic. Often the most random questions lead to the most exciting conversations. Here are a few questions you can use to inspire a conversation and learn more about a guy you like, you might even use a few of these to start a WhatsApp conversation with a guy.
- Have you watched Love is Blind on Netflix? If so, please tell me what you thought about it because I honestly don’t know what I think about this show.
- I’m ordering pizza for dinner and don’t know what I should get. What two toppings do you like?
- I’m trying to pick a series to watch on Netflix. I’m wondering, have you seen Money Heist? Is it as good as the reviews say?
- How do you spend your weekends? I’m looking for something to do besides binge-watching Netflix.
- I’m planning my next vacation. What do you like to do on vacation? Hiking, camping, lounging, or sightseeing? These are some of the best conversation starters with guys.
- What is the best meme you’ve seen this week? It has been a stressful week, and I need a good laugh.
- What do you think about people who celebrate their anniversary week or those who celebrate their half anniversary? Do you think it’s ridiculous?
- What are your thoughts on Disney songs? I’ve had We Don’t Talk About Bruno stuck in my head all month.
- Have you ever bought anything from Instagram ads? I purchased four different items this past week, and I’m worried about myself.
- What do you think about flip-flops? I wear mine all day, every day.
- Have you ever thought about getting a tattoo? Or do you have any tattoos I should know about?
- What is the best novel you read this year? I’m trying to up my game.
- Are you any good at making playlists? I need a relaxing playlist for a lazy day.
- I’m conducting a poll on which is better: Thai or Vietnamese food.
- I’m sure I’m the only person in town who didn’t know that it was going to rain today and didn’t carry an umbrella. Is your day going any better than mine?
- Will you go to this rescue dog site and help me pick a puppy? I’m not getting one, but I’d like to pretend I am.
- Are you a savory or sweet breakfast type of person? I’ve been thinking about waffles all day.
- What are the most annoying things people post on their Insta stories?
- What is one principle of your life you will never give up?
- There’s a bug in my house. Will you come over and help me get rid of it?
It’s a little intimidating trying to figure out how to start talking with someone you like online, especially if you’re just starting to know each other or haven’t chatted much in the past. But equipping yourself with deep questions can help you get the convo flowing and learn more about your crush. If your crush doesn’t have an opinion on something you brought up, that’s a great excuse to explore the topic further on your first date.