Texting your crush can be nerve-wracking, but it doesn’t have to be. By following these six golden rules, you’ll be better equipped to navigate the treacherous waters of romantic texting.
- Would You Like Receiving Your Own Text? Before you hit send, ask yourself how you would react to the message. Would you be eager to respond? Would you find it interesting, or merely boring? Reflect on your text from your crush’s perspective.
- Forget the Waiting Game Waiting excessively long to reply to a text, simply to appear less eager, is an outdated notion. If you’re keen to respond, go ahead. Games are for playgrounds, not meaningful communication.
- Honesty is the Best Policy Be genuine in your interactions. The world is already filled with pretense—no need to add to it. Authenticity stands out and is highly attractive.
- Use Sarcasm Sparingly Sarcasm can be amusing in small doses, but not everyone appreciates it, and it can easily be misunderstood in text form. It’s like hot sauce – great for those who like it and in moderation, but off-putting when overused.
- Make Your Text Engaging If you want a reply, make sure your message is worth responding to. Use open-ended questions to keep the conversation flowing and to show your interest in them.
- Don’t Force the Conversation If a conversation naturally comes to an end, let it be. Similarly, if they seem disinterested in the discussion, don’t push it. And if they’re not into you, remember, that’s okay too. Not everyone we like will like us back, and that’s perfectly fine.
Remember, texting is just one form of communication. Your self-worth is not tied to how quickly someone responds or if every conversation is a home run. Enjoy the process and keep these rules in mind. Happy texting!