Are you a hopeless romantic? Have you written full-length novels about love? Hmmm, maybe we lost some of you there. But that’s the point…most people don’t write long love poetry, or full-length crushing romances like The Notebook, or even write their own greetings cards
We just sort of let other people do the hard work for us and pay like what…four bucks now, after the price of inflation?
But…what if there was a way to bring the romance back into your life with romantic Valentine’s Day quotes for your man that didn’t involve you taking any MasterClass courses from Neil Gaiman? What if there was an easier way to be romantic?
In this article, we’re going to share romantic quotes appropriate for Valentine’s Day he’s going to love. I encourage you to read through these, use them on your man, and see how it makes him feel.
And then at the end of the article, I’m going to reveal a little “plot twist” about what these quotes are and how you can use them effectively.
Let’s start by listing 50 famous quotes just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Famous Valentine Quotes for Him
1. “For the first time ever, I have found real love in its truest form. I found you!”
2. “You are as radiant as moonlight. If this were a dream, my love, I would smack whoever tried to wake me up from this wonderful dream.”
3. “Darling, I would rather live just a few more decades with you than I would another ten lifetimes of loving any one else!”
4. “You are my everything. My light, my spirit, the sun and the stars. You give me life.”
5. “We are both so weird in just the perfect way for each other. When I found you, so quirky and weird just like me, I knew we’d make a great team. I love you!”
6. “If I didn’t love you so much, maybe I could explain it better!”
7. “Beauty doesn’t last forever. But to find a man who makes you laugh, that’s a great find.”
8. If I had a rose for every time I thought of your face…I’d have the world’s biggest and most lush garden.”
9. “Money is meaningless to me. All I ever wanted was your heart.”
10. “You are so amazing and precious to me. It’s not just in the way you talk or the way you look at me. It’s your heart that I love most.”
11. My love for you is boundless and deep. The love I give to you is endless because the love I have for you is endless.”
12. “I just want you to be happy. Even if I wasn’t part of your happiness I would let you go. Because I know I love you the most.”
13. “Loving you is not about what I want from you. It’s all about how I feel and what I can give to you. And I can give you everything.”
14. “I’m so glad I took a chance on you. It took courage to trust someone so completely and give love a chance one more time…and now that you’re here with me, it’s so worth it.”
15. “Lots of people are willing to travel the world with me on an adventure. But not everyone is willing to stay with me on a rainy day. That’s how I know I love you…you are with me rain or shine.”
16. “I fell in love with you when I saw your silly side, your funny side, and your ridiculous side. It made you seem so real and so lovable.”
17. “Being loved by you makes me feel safe. But loving you so much gives me the strength to do anything.”
18. “Everything you are and everything you ever will be, is all I need, my love.”
19. “I love you. From the beginning to the very end, I will always love you.”
20. “I know I love you the most because I have never felt so alive!”
21. “I want your everything, always, just us, for the rest of our lives, together.”
22. “If you live to be 90 years old, I want to live to be 89 and 364 days, just so I will never have to live without you, my love.”
23. “All you will ever need is love. Or chocolate Valentine’s Day candy. That always helps.”
24. “I love you for who you are, not who everyone else wants you to be.”
25. “You make me so happy – more than I ever thought I could be in this life! Now I live my life making sure you feel as completely loved and appreciated as I do.”
Are you thinking some of those Valentines Day sayings for him sound familiar?
Well of course they do! They’re all famous quotes by famous authors that I converted into a less poetic and more colloquial language. Just in case you’re scratching your head here’s the list…
- Charlotte Bronte
- Game of Thrones
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- E.E. Cummings
- Dr. Seuss
- Jane Austen
- Joanne Woodward
- Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Frank Sinatra
- Helen Keller
- Julia Roberts
- Katherine Hepburn
- Maya Angelou
- Oprah Winfrey
- Agatha Christie
- Lao Tzu
- Ed Sheeran
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
- John Updike
- Nicholas Sparks
- A. A. Milne
- Charles M. Schulz
- Leo Tolstoy
- Chandler proposing to Monica on Friends
But do you see the point? It doesn’t take a lot of hard work just to write a love you note to your significant other. You can recycle, borrow, and improve upon existing quotes.
Instead of just reciting famous quotes word for word, why not try to put your own personal spin on it? Find some of your favorite love quotes and then rewrite them for Valentines Day. Quotes for him can even expand upon some of those deeper thoughts as you add true feeling and emotion to the statement.
Now here’s the twist. You can write and rewrite romantic lines…
And then put them altogether to write one awesome love letter!
Everyone emails, right? So one cool idea for next Valentine’s Day is to send him a love letter expressing how deep your love is for him.
You can start the love letter by giving him a few sentences of personal feelings, just to let him know it’s you talking and not a greeting card. (Here are some more tips on how to write a love letter)
Then ask yourself, what is the most romantic saying for him that he would appreciate? Try to think of famous quotes that apply to him and seem to fit his unique personality.
Need Help Choosing Happy Valentine’s Day Quotes for Him?
Need some more ideas for how to express yourself in a love letter to your man? Here are some more non-famous quotes that might catch his interest – and will help fill that love letter up with more impactful sentences!
- “Whenever I feel stressed, I can always count on you to hug me and melt all of it away.”
- “Even when I’m sitting next to you zoning out, I am still perfectly happy – because I’m with the man I love!”
- “Ours is a wonderful love story that will never end.”
- “I fall in love with you every time I wake up in the morning and see you again.”
- “There are many things that have caught me eye…but you’re the only one who ever caught my heart.”
- “You make me smile even when there’s no reason to smile. You are the light of a dark world.”
- “I will never stop holding hands with you, dancing with you, writing you love letters, or finding a hundred ways to say “I love you.”
- “I have no regrets in life. I found you and that’s all I ever wanted.”
- “I have loved you since the moment I met you. Everything else after that was you falling in love with me.”
- “I will love you beyond the rest of my life from here to eternity.”
These quotes are all well and good. But maybe they’re a little generic. You may be wondering what’s a REALLY amazing and heart-fluttering line that you could rewrite for an epic love letter?
Let’s consider some of the most romantic quotes of all time, as determined by general consensus.
What is the Most Romantic Quote Ever?
- “I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.” (Great Expectations by Charles Dickens)
This quote illustrates an important point. What matters though is not that love is intense or logical but that it makes a person happy. So when writing your love letter, try to illustrate how happy you are because of this relationship.
It’s not just about stating a fact (“I love you!”), or using powerful worlds, but about sharing feelings. You’re a happier person because he’s in your life.
Here’s another great love quote.
- “I love that you get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you’re looking at me like I’m nuts.” (Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally)
- “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)
The “challenge” of a someone admitting their feelings makes the following statements all the more intense and heartfelt. When you let a lover know, confiding so intimately isn’t easy for you, he will appreciate how special the occasion is.
Speaking of which…
What to Say to a Man to Make Him Feel Special
Want to know how can I make him feel special? Quotes like the following are important because they are very much in the spirit of Valentine’s Day. The occasion is not just about romance or sex, but about making him feel appreciated, loved, and best of all, recognized for his unique qualities.
Remember what we say about men in general on this blog. Men want to be applauded and loved for their efforts, not just their potential. So find some ways to express just how much you appreciate his special qualities. Consider lines like…
- “I wouldn’t change anything about you for the world…but I would change the world just to make you happy.”
- “Of all the wonderful people I’ve ever known, none of them compare to you. You are the one who gets me, understands me, and connects with me better than anyone else.”
- “I love you the most because I’ve never met anyone like you. Every cool new person I meet is just a reminder of how special you are.”
- “Everyone falls in love with you because of your looks. Your wit. Your accomplishments. But I love you because I see the real you, the one behind the mask. You have a heart of gold and you love the people close to so intensely. That’s what I see in you and why I love you so much.”
- “I’ve never felt so close to anyone before. You brought out a side of me I didn’t even know I had.”
- “I love you the most because you’re you. You’re the kind of guy who…(list all of the cute things he does every day that make you smile) …and that’s why you’re special. I know you and love you because of all the little things that make up you.”
But hey, not every Valentine’s Day love letter or text message has to be an epic quote. Finally, let’s review a few lines that aren’t so INTENSE, and instead focus on some Valentine’s Day text messages for him that are fun, sexy, and more about flirting than loving.
What Are Some Flirty Valentine’s Day Text Messages for Him?
- “Just thinking about a certain sexy man this Valentine’s Day…and YOU sir are the sexiest!”
- “You are the cuddliest teddy bear of all! Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- “You are my bucket list.”
- “I love you a little bit more with every passing day. Happy V Day!”
- “I think we should celebrate Valentine’s Week with a 7-day sex marathon. Agree or disagree?”
- “I like Valentine’s Day. Not because of the old Saints or the greeting cards…but because it reminds me that I have you. And that’s why I like to celebrate!”
Well, I don’t know about you, but I am all choked up!
This Valentine’s Day, send him something romantic and reawaken his manly instincts to woo you all over again.
How about it? What do you write to your boyfriend on Valentine’s Day?
Hey, speaking of romance and more love quotes, check out my programs!