In the age of digital communication, texting has become a crucial tool in the early stages of dating. It can either draw someone closer or push them away. It’s essential to understand that texting is an art that, when mastered, can make you stand out and attract the right man. Here are some mistakes to avoid and strategies to employ when texting the man you’re interested in.
Common Texting Mistakes in Dating
- Being Vague about Plans: If you are genuinely interested in meeting him, be proactive about setting a specific time and date. Instead of leaving things open-ended or saying you’re too busy, suggest a convenient time for you both.
- Rejecting Plans without Offering Alternatives: If he suggests something that doesn’t work for you, don’t just turn him down flat. Instead, offer an alternative plan. For instance, if he suggests drinks on Thursday but you need to wake up early, you might say, “I need to wake up early Thursday, so drinks won’t work for me. How about we meet for coffee at 5?”
Texting Strategies to Make You Stand Out
- Show Appreciation: Everybody loves to be appreciated. Expressing gratitude for your interactions can make him feel good and eager to communicate more. For instance, “I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much in one conversation before. Thanks for making me smile. :)”
- Offer Genuine Compliments: Compliments can go a long way in building a connection, but they need to be sincere. For example, “I love how you asked for my number with such confidence. Men who go for what they want are so attractive to me.”
- Keep It Light and Playful: Maintaining a sense of humor in your texts can make your conversations more engaging. Feel free to crack jokes, be playful, and use emojis to add flavor and emotion to your texts.
- Prioritize Meeting Up: While texting is great for getting to know someone initially, the magic happens in person. Avoid having drawn-out text conversations. Instead, steer the conversation towards a meetup. If he asks a question that could turn into a lengthy discussion, suggest discussing it when you meet up.
Remember, you’re not seeking a pen pal. If he seems hesitant to set a date, gently encourage him: “I’d love to talk to you some more but I’m really busy right now. It would be amazing if we went out on a date so that we can really get to know each other better. ;)”
In conclusion, how you text can significantly influence the trajectory of your budding relationship. Use these tips to navigate the world of digital dating, stand out from the crowd, and attract the right man into your life.