When a Man Tells You He Doesn't Want a Relationship, Believe Him

I get question after question about this...

Women come to me because they've been seeing a guy who said he doesn't want a relationship but treats her like his girlfriend.

And the question is always, "Is he actually into me more than he says he is? And maybe he actually wants a relationship?"

Why would he give you a relationship if you're giving him relationship benefits without the responsibility of it being a relationship?

When a man's words and actions are out of alignment, always believe the worst of the two.

In this case, his words are worse than his actions... as in, he doesn't want something real.

We're often taught that "actions speak louder than words" and I think that confuses some people.

Sometimes, words speak a lot louder than actions.

If a man says that he doesn't want a relationship, he can give you pet names, take you on vacation, sleep with you, introduce you to his friends and family, or anything AND still just see you as a casual, hookup buddy and nothing more.

Don't fall into this trap!

Men want to get their emotional and physical needs met... they want all of the benefits that come from a relationship and if they can get it without needing to be in a relationship, they'll often do that with NO intention of being in a relationship.

Make sure you ask him what it is that he wants.

If he tells you he doesn't want something real, he's just looking for a hookup, or he's not ready, BELIEVE HIM.

Dana

Newbie Queen

Women come to me because they've been seeing a guy who said he doesn't want a relationship but treats her like his girlfriend.

And the question is always, "Is he actually into me more than he says he is? And maybe he actually wants a relationship?"

Why would he give you a relationship if you're giving him relationship benefits without the responsibility of it being a relationship?

When a man's words and actions are out of alignment, always believe the worst of the two.

In this case, his words are worse than his actions... as in, he doesn't want something real.

We're often taught that "actions speak louder than words" and I think that confuses some people.

If a man says that he doesn't want a relationship, he can give you pet names, take you on vacation, sleep with you, introduce you to his friends and family, or anything AND still just see you as a casual, hookup buddy and nothing more.

Men want to get their emotional and physical needs met... they want all of the benefits that come from a relationship and if they can get it without needing to be in a relationship, they'll often do that with NO intention of being in a relationship.

If he tells you he doesn't want something real, he's just looking for a hookup, or he's not ready, BELIEVE HIM.
I agree!! In my experience, when a man wants a relationship and is ready for that, he will
State his intentions up front and not leave you guessing. If he says he doesn’t know what he wants, leave him alone and never try to convince him. There are some good men in the dating world who actually are looking for a LTR. You just have to be patient during the process and refuse to settle until he shows up.

Newanna

Newbie Queen

Wellwritten of Matthew. Maybe women tries to keep the hopes up. Especially if you have a past together. And people can change. From the very sweetest boy till something else. He was on the datingsite allmost the whole night. In swedish we diffrentiate between evening and night. Is there any way giving a man Support without crossing his boundaries. He visits his parents two hours after work almost every day for support I assume. I dont know why he feels the children is some sort of crisis. I dont know about his finances, pretty "old" furniture but he has a new Mercedes-benz. He has become more like "Uh I do what I want" even towards the mother of the latest child. I tried to confront him with his change. He said he cant remember that he was Mr Niceguy even four years back but I think he was. And if so why is the mother of the latest child staying?