My guy's pulling away !

Sumana

Newbie Queen
I have been dating for 9 months now. Initially, I had started planning dates, but after I started leaning back, he started pursuing, calling and messaging me every alternate day and telling me he was considering marriage at some point but was not sure. Last month I had the commitment talk with him. I noticed he was not sure. After that he started pulling away, I sent him a voice message once and he replied immediately through a voice message that he is surrounded by many issues and problems and asked me to give him some time. He was warm and joking at that time and said he needed some time and that he would call. Its been seven days and he has not even sent me a single message. I am ready to date again someone else but want to ask him at least once before quitting. Now my question is, for how many days should I wait before asking him?

Newanna

Newbie Queen
I think he should have texted you at least. But seven days doesnt mean its over. But of course you have the right to see other guys at this point if you want. Give it some time or text him your self.

MangoTango

Newbie Queen
If you are not committed to each other and he's not sure, you are free to see someone else. All guys have this 'rule' so why shouldn't we? If he cannot make up his mind then so be it. You don't need to wait for him to get back to you and count the number of days. Just do your own thing and carry on with your life. If it happens, it happens. If he wants to come to you, trust me he will. Be it 7 days, 7 months or 7 hours.

Nats

Newbie Queen
If he’s pulled away and not messaging you, give him the space he’s creating. If you contact him now, he’ll feel cornered and panicked.

A week isn’t long, it doesn’t mean it’s over. But I know how upset you’ll feel.

Don’t go out dating immediately or try to make him jealous of other men. It looks disloyal. I’d say if you don’t hear from him for a month, then hit the dating market again at that point, with your head held high knowing that you asked for commitment and then didn’t chase him.

He will come back for you if he’s invested. If he doesn’t, no loss on your part.

In the meantime, make sure you’re having maximum fun possible with your family and friends, start new hobbies, look and smell good. Enjoy life. Whether he comes back or not you’ll attract more positivity to you anyway if you are living in the moment and for yourself, regardless of relationships x

Georgette

Newbie Queen
I think he should have texted you at least. But seven days doesnt mean its over. But of course you have the right to see other guys at this point if you want. Give it some time or text him your self.
If you love him, give it some more time but he should message you first. If you really want to date other people then message him and end the relationship as friends😊